EUJS General Assembly, Malaga - Spain, 14 August 2019
RESOLUTION - Two State Solution
"Give peace a chance" - Yitzchak Rabin
The European Union of Jewish Students believes:
1. EUJS is, according to its policies, a Zionist organization.
2. As a Zionist organization and because the State of Israel is the homeland of all Jewish people we are not only inherently interested in the wellbeing of the State of Israel, but also have an inherent and historical right to voice our opinions in fundamental questions concerning the past, present and, in particular, the future of the Zionist project.
The European Union of Jewish Students further believes:
1. The Jewish People have an inalienable right to self-determination.
2. The Palestinian People have an inalienable right to self-determination.
3. The State of Israel must be both Jewish and democratic.
4. The best possibility for the State of Israel to remain both a democracy and to uphold its Jewish character, and to finally achieve a lasting and stable peace - for which we all collectively yearn for - is a two State solution in which a sovereign Arab-Palestinian state exists next to the State of Israel.
5. This solution, however, is only achievable through a process of negotiation and reconciliation, not through unilateral steps.
The European Union of Jewish Students resolves:
1. To advocate for a two state solution in its programming, campaigns, and forums where EUJS is active, within the State of Israel and the wider Jewish World.
2. To support and work with groups that promote sustainable peace and a two State Solution, according to the values of EUJS, within and outside of Israeli civil society and not support and work with groups that do not align with these values.