EUJS General Assembly, Italy, 18 August 2021
RESOLUTION - Mental Health Awareness
The European Union of Jewish Students believes:
1. Mental health issues still carry a lot of stigma with them, an issue also prevalent in Jewish communities. Support for students, including Jewish students, around mental health, can be very poor.
2. The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in an increasing sense of detachment, isolation and hardship for many students and young people - highlighting the need for increased recognition of mental health and more practical support.
The European Union of Jewish Students resolves:
1. Run at least one campaign/project around mental health per year, potentially with a focus on particular issues, such as mental health issues in minority groups or men's mental health.
2. Encourage Unions to organise peer-led activities surrounding mental health.
3. Help Unions produce resources for their students on how to access helpful resources and/or professional help.