EUJS General Assembly, Burgas – Bulgaria, 30th August 2018
RESOLUTION - Combating far-right populism
The European Union of Jewish Students believes:
1. The Jewish community, prompted by its history, has a responsibility to oppose far-right nationalism.
2. Engaging with far-right parties and movements lends credibility and validity to said parties and movements.
3. The groups targeted by far-right nationalism vary between time periods and from country to country and Jewish students have a responsibility to oppose all forms of extreme-right politics.
4. The delineation of extreme-right groups should be made through consultation with a wide range of actors: the affiliated member union, the local Jewish community, relevant political actors on the national and international level.
The European Union of Jewish Students resolves:
1. To not engage in dialogue with far-right parties and movements and their affiliates and allies.
2. To take decisions in consultation with the local member organization
3. To oppose far-right parties, movements, discourses and policies actively
4. To encourage alliance-building against far-right populism