B’nai B’rith International and the European Union of Jewish Students are looking for an EU Affairs/Campaign Officer
At both BBI and EUJS, fellows are given a great deal of responsibility and are encouraged to take a proactive approach in their given roles. This requires a self-driven and enthusiastic attitude. We encourage fellows to voice their opinions, propose new approaches, develop projects and actively contribute to ensure our continued success.
As the EU Affairs/Campaign Officer you will be responsible for:
- -Organizing and running international campaigns, joint programs for BBI and EUJS
- -Assisting in programs and projects, mainly in terms of political advocacy.
- -Organizing agenda, handling communication and follow-ups for meetings.
- -Logistical support in all EUJS/BBI activities.
- -Research and policy analysis on current topics concerning Jewish advocacy in the European Union.
- -Writing reports on current political developments for BBI leadership in Washington.
- -Covering and reporting on committee meetings and conferences at the European Parliament, European Council and outside events.
- -Additional presence within meetings, but also individually representing BBI/EUJS in meetings and events
- -Liaison between BBI and EUJS In Brussels.
- -Active involvement in development short- and long-term strategy for the BBI Brussels office, conference preparations, organization.
You are the perfect candidate if you have (a):
- -Solid understanding of BBI's and EUJS' actions.
- -Good knowledge of the European Union and its institutions, in particular the European Parliament.
- -Ability to conduct research and policy analysis and to write summary reports.
- -Basic knowledge and understanding of international and national media networks.
- -Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- -Strong team-work skills, ability to work independently and take initiative.
- -Excellent social skills.
- -Ability to work in an international environment and in flexible hours.
- -Creativity and a sense of humor is appreciated.
- -Excellency oral and written English skills.
- -Fluency in French, or any other European language is an asset.
- -Knowledge of Microsoft Office and online content management tools.
You should definitely be (a):
- -Student or recent graduate of political science, international relations, law, journalism, communications, marketing or any relevant field. This can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience.
- -Willing to work in the offices in Brussels.
We will offer you a(n):
- -Dynamic and young multinational environment.
- -Frequent contact with our partners in Brussels and around Europe.
- -Working in two prominent international NGOs.
- -Invaluable experience in the field of communications, social media and public relations.
- -Competitive salary.
If you are interested please send your CV with a cover letter, as well as any other relevant documents linked to the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 14th, September 2018.