EUJS IS LOOKING FOR ITS NEXT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR!
Full-time position in Brussels, starting in mid-August / September 2014, for a period of 2 years.
We are seeking a full time professional director that will continue to manage EUJS‘s international programming and expand its organizational development, starting September 2014.
This demanding and rewarding position will enable the right candidate to gain a unique perspective on young Jewish life in Europe and across the world. At the same time, the selected candidate will work with one of the most progressive Jewish organizations today. As such, you will play a leading role both in the organized Jewish world and among global human rights and youth NGOs with which we work.
Today is your chance to lead the EUJS Team!
As the leading organizational professional, you will be coordinating and maintaining a solid core of professionals and laypeople within a fast growing organization.
• Organizing, coordinating and implementing EUJS’ activities, including Summer University, international seminars and pan-European campaigns
• Additional staff, interns and fellows will report directly to you, and you will manage the workflow according to deadlines and requirements
• Working closely with service providers and institutional partners across EUJS’ 35 country geographic network and beyond
• Assisting the Chairperson in ensuring the smooth running of the Brussels secretariat
• Liaising with professional counterparts at the European Institutions, international Jewish organizations and throughout the Jewish Diaspora
• Ensuring seamless and organized efficiency behind the scenes, you will be a key partner in guaranteeing a high degree of professionalism and transparency across the organization
• Key interlocutor with local and national authorities in Belgium.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• A desire to truly make a difference and to join a global movement of young people vying for change
• Excellent organizational and management skills (preferably obtained in the non-profit/NGO sector)
• Experience in financial management
• Experience within the organized Jewish world (preferably in a youth or student environment)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a dynamic team and under pressure
• Experience in working with and managing a multi-cultural and changing team
• Ability to prioritize workloads and work on deadline
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Excellent oral and written skills in English and French or Dutch
• Fluency in any other European languages is an asset
• Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office and online content management tools)
• Knowledge of graphic editing programs (e.g. Photoshop) is an asset
What We Offer
• This is a two-year position that offers a competitive salary in line with Brussels standards
• Travels in Europe
• Working in a prominent international NGO
• In your role, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level while gaining exposure to the Brussels-based policy community as well as the wider European Youth Sector
• As a senior member of one of the most respected European Youth organizations, you will join a small but dynamic cohort of youth NGO professionals based in Brussels. An open mind on issues of religious diversity, sexuality, political affiliation and ethnic background is essential.
Applicants are requested to send a CV with a cover letter, as well as any document linked to the position, to email@example.com, by 31st of May 2014 and fill in the application form below