Khetane-Kadima 2.0: Combating online hate speech
Event type: Seminar
Organized by: European Union of Jewish Students (EUJS)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Come be a powerful voice for diversity and against xenophobia, antigypsyism and antisemitism! Together with over 30 motivated young activists from across Europe, we seek to strengthen Jewish-Roma cooperation and social action throughout the continent.
This time with a focus on Combating Online Hatespeech! After an enriching study-session last November, as well as many joint events ever since 2015, EUJS and Phiren Amenca are focusing on the online dimension of our joint work and want to provide you with the tools to tackle hateful rethoric online and promote positive discourse instead!
What should you expect?
* Develop your knowledge and understanding of concepts, history and structures of antigypsyism and antisemitism
* Explore your personal identity by connecting to the Romani and Jewish culturE
* Discover common interests and the opportunities to create alliances and cooperation
* Develop your competences to act as multiplier in your local communities
* Improve your social media skills by learning from experts and hands-on activities
Who are we looking for?
* Jewish, Roma and non-Jewish, non-Roma participants familiar with Jewish and/or Romani communities
* Participants between the ages 18-30 committed to attend for the full duration of the study session
* Participants able to work and express yourself autonomously in English
* Have an interest in media, advocacy, peer education
* Be resident in a member state of the European Cultural Convention of the Council of Europe
If you have any concerns covering this fee, please don't hesitate to contact us. Travel costs will be reimbursed. Accommodation and meals provided.
This activity is disability friendly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e_7B0A_JGPZvyfZ4Jamuv5OpRGAiYEKy1q_hdm3AnfE/edit
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: SEPTEMBER 23rd 2017
Any questions or concerns?
Email us at: email@example.com