EUJS IS LOOKING FOR A COMMUNICATION OFFICER
The European Union of Jewish Students is the umbrella organization for 34 national Jewish student unions in Europe and the FSU, representing over 200,000 Jewish students. Cognizant of the religious, linguistic and cultural diversity that make up the European Jewish community, EUJS strives to present a variety of perspectives through its leadership training programs, educational seminars and international conferences, all tailor-made to the needs of its students. Throughout its history, EUJS has placed itself at the cutting edge of inter-cultural and inter-religious programming, as well as programming related to genocide education, advocacy and Jewish continuity in Europe.
EUJS is a constituent member of the European Youth Forum, the World Union of Jewish Students and its activity is supported by the Council of Europe and the European Commission. EUJS is one of the largest international student organizations worldwide and the first Jewish Youth NGO to obtain the special Consultative Status with the ECOSOC of the United Nations.
Today is your chance to be apart of our Team: EUJS is Recruiting a Communication Officer !
- Defining and implementing the organization’s internal and external communication strategies;
- Production of articles, newsletters, press releases and other materials for media coverage and outreach
- Update the EUJS website and promote events on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube);
- Maintain regular contact with member unions, partner organizations, participants and media;
- Develop video and photo material;
- Assistance in the office’s daily operations
- Solid understanding and advocacy for EUJS action;
- Knowledge and understanding of international and national media networks
- Social media expertise
- Ability to produce quality communications to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Basic knowledge of the European Union and its institutions
- Personal and Social Skills
- Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Well-developed social skills;
- Ability to work in an International environment and in flexible hours;
- Creativity and sense of humor will be appreciated
- Language and IT Skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Fluency in French, Hebrew or any other European languages is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and online content management tools;
- Knowledge of graphic editing programs (Eg. Photoshop) is an asset
Aged between 18 - 30 years old
Working in the office in Brussels
Salary: Eligibility for the Leonardo Student Mobility Program or ERASMUS Student Mobility for Placements by the European Commission (for students and recent graduates - check with your University) or any other fellow grant.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Applicants are requested to send a CV with a cover letter, as well as any document linked to the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org